Sunday, May 1, 2011

Here is a short animation of the Precellys 24 I posted a while ago. This has updated materials (using the mental ray Arch and Design uber-shader instead of the hodge-podge of old mr/mia shaders had to cobble together in Max 8 ), lighting (mr Photographic Exposure Control FTW), and is a higher quality render overall, if I do say so myself. This was also test of of some behind the scenes render passes and other theories of visual trickery I put to the test. The parts where the model is still use an image with high quality render settings, but when the camera move kicks in the quality is dropped and a post process (After Effects) vector motion blur kicks in to cover it up. I am happy with the result and the fact that it halved the render time with very little loss of image fidelity.

Done with 3ds Max 2011, After Effects, and Photoshop.

precellys comp01 1 1 from Ndege Diamond on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment